How do I get child care assistance?

If you are unable to afford child care, you should be aware of government programs that operate from state to state that provide help to low income families. Requirements and criteria vary depending on location, but typical eligibility requires that if the child is living in a two-parent household, both parents must be employed or enrolled in higher learning or an authorized training program. If the child is living in a single-parent household, this is only required of the single parent.

In order to determine if you qualify for child care assistance, contact your local Cabinet for Health and Family Services for the necessary information on how you can apply.

Yellowbook Answers Disclaimer

The Yellowbook Answers are provided as a service to users of and are not intended to replace advice from qualified professionals. Yellowbook makes no promise, guarantee or warranty regarding the comprehensiveness, accuracy or reliability of the information provided.