How do I report a child care facility?

If you determine or suspect a child care facility of wrongdoing, illegal activity, or anything else that could put the lives or well being of the children they care for at risk, you have the obligation and the ability to report them to the state government.

You can contact the Administration for Children and Families division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, which will provide you with several options on how to report a child care facility. Alternately, you can contact the state Child Protective Services (CPS) directly with your complaint.

Yellowbook Answers Disclaimer

The Yellowbook Answers are provided as a service to users of and are not intended to replace advice from qualified professionals. Yellowbook makes no promise, guarantee or warranty regarding the comprehensiveness, accuracy or reliability of the information provided.