Where can I find registered sex offenders in my area?

The first step in protecting your children from sex offenders is to know where they live. Fortunately, there are several resources that you can access for free that will tell you who the registered sex offenders in your area are.

  • The Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website (http://www.nsopw.gov) is a registry that’s overseen by the U.S. Department of Justice. It covers all 50 states and includes Puerto Rico and Guam
  • Family Watchdog (http://www.familywatchdog.us) allows you to enter your physical address and provides a map of all registered sex offenders in your immediate neighborhood.

For more information on how you can protect your children from sexual predators, contact your local police department for additional resources.

Yellowbook Answers Disclaimer

The Yellowbook Answers are provided as a service to users of yellowbook.com and are not intended to replace advice from qualified professionals. Yellowbook makes no promise, guarantee or warranty regarding the comprehensiveness, accuracy or reliability of the information provided.