What You Need to Ask When Searching for a Concrete Contractor
Have you bought a new house and want a patio in the backyard? Common questions for a concrete patio contractor are answered in this video from Concrete with the Houses.
- 1. Timing. You'll want to know how quickly the job can be done.
Labor shortages and jobs booked out to next year mean you might have to wait a bit.
- 2. Timing, part 2. The number of crew suggests how quickly the job can be done.
- 3. Size matters. Your contractor should have completed large jobs in the past, so you'll know he can accomplish yours.
- 4. Check references. Compare recent jobs to past jobs, and if the same crew did both.
- 5. Quote. Get an itemized quote in writing including for what the homeowner is responsible such as furniture movement and landscaping removal or replacement.
- 6. Payment. A small amount should be paid upfront as a reservation.
- 7. Guarantee or warranty. Cracks happen due to earth movement and weather. Some contractors can guarantee a minimum of cracking, but no more than that.
- 8. Insurance. Homeowners, protect yourselves. Make sure your contractor is insured.
- 9. Clean up. A concrete patio contractor builds patios. You'll be left with the cleanup and landscaping.
The clamor for outdoor rooms make patios wonderful additions to any house. These questions and answers should give homeowners an idea how to proceed.