Flipping furniture has become a popular way to turn a hobby into a profitable venture while reducing waste by repurposing pre-loved items. If you're interested in trying your hand at flipping goods from your local furniture store, here's a step-by-step guide to get started:
1. Research and Inspiration: Research popular furniture styles, trends, and what sells well in your local market.
2. Scout Local Stores: Visit local thrift stores, garage sales, flea markets, and even clearance sales at furniture stores to find affordable pieces with potential.
3. Assess the Condition: Before purchasing, carefully inspect the furniture's condition. Check for stability, loose joints, and any structural damage.
4. Bargain Hunting: Negotiate the price when purchasing second-hand furniture. Sellers at thrift stores and garage sales are often willing to lower prices, increasing your potential profit margin.
5. DIY Skills: Develop your DIY skills or learn new ones, like painting, staining, reupholstering, or woodworking.
6. Create a Workspace: Dedicate a workspace in your home or garage for refurbishing furniture. Ensure you have the necessary tools, paint, brushes, and safety equipment.
7. Plan Your Flips: Develop a strategy for each piece you acquire. Decide on the desired final look, color schemes, and necessary repairs or improvements.
8. Quality Over Quantity: Focus on quality rather than quantity. Taking your time to produce high-quality, unique pieces will pay off in the long run..