Installing a submersible water well pump can be a crucial task for maintaining a reliable water supply on your property. Here, we will guide you through the straightforward process of installing a submersible water well pump.
1. Turn Off Power and Water Supply: Safety first! Begin by switching off the power to the well pump at the breaker box and shutting off the water supply to the well.
2. Remove the Old Pump: Using pipe wrenches, disconnect the old well pump from the piping and electrical connections.
3. Prepare the New Well Pump: Follow the manufacturer's instructions to assemble the new submersible well pump. Ensure all connections are properly sealed with Teflon tape to prevent leaks.
4. Lower the Pump into the Well: Lower the new well pump into the well casing. Make sure it's securely positioned at the bottom.
5. Connect Wiring and Piping: Connect the electrical wiring from the control box to the pump and ensure all connections are tight and well-insulated. Then, attach the PVC piping to the pump's discharge outlet.
6. Test and Prime the Pump: Turn on the power and let the pump run for a few minutes to prime it and remove any air from the system. Check for leaks in the piping connections.
7. Restore Water Supply: Open the water supply valve so that water flow through the pump..